Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chester and North Wales!





I'm back! Sorry I wasn't able to post this weekend; I had limited wifi and figured that my Facebook pictures would suffice until I was able to post about the whole trip. On Friday we saw Kenilworth Castle which was very old, and got to explore around the ruins and climb up on the ancient castle. Then we drove to Chester to drop off our luggage in our hotel rooms and took a walking tour of the town, which wasn't too exciting. Saturday we went to Conwy Castle, which was mush prettier than the previous one, and Llandudno, in which we took a tram up to see a lighthouse but we didn't have time to hike to it, so we just took pictures and tried to stay out of the pouring rain at the top of the hill. Afterward, we had a grilled dinner in the hotel restaurant. On Sunday, we went to Snowdonia (Mount Snowdon) which was really pretty, and the hike was not too rough, although it seems to always start raining whenever we leave the bus. Thank goodness it didn't snow! Then we drove to the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct where we walked across the bridge and saw beautiful scenery. Afterward, we took a rest stop for a small dinner and made our way back to the Stanford House. Blimey, what a busy weekend it was! Now I need to work on my paper, which the due date was thankfully moved back to Thursday by request of my tutor (and I'm not complaining, although now I have to travel an hour to meet with her at 9am that day)!

No comments:

Post a Comment